Tonight, for the first time, Sofia told us she needed to go to the bathroom. It was a huge victory! We have been taking her every hour on the hour for the last four weeks.
She did this three times total. The third time there was #1 and then without prompting #2! Woohoo, Yippee, Clap, Clap, Dance a Jig (what is a jig anyway) You get the point this was HUGE!
Sofia promptly said "I want a Brown Prize". I should mention, we have spoken of prizes of various colors (something they do at school) in an attempt to get our daughter to go #2 on the potty. After her declaration, I yell to Chris in the other room"Sofia wants a Brown prize". Chris hurries around searching for a Brown Prize. Thinking to himself, “Damn that daycare and their colored prizes. What is a Brown Prize anyway?” Just then, he saw the delicious box of Brownies Pete Kelly sent us for Christmas…Thanks Pete.
So after getting Sofia dressed in her Pajama’s, Sofia and I come out to find, Chris has prepared a little brownie and half a scoop of ice cream. Sofia is delighted, she continually talks about how good the brownie is and contemplates if a fork or spoon is the best utensil to eat ice cream.
Later, when Chris was helping Sofia get ready for bed, Sofia said she had to go potty again. While waiting on the toilet, she said to Chris, I really want another Brownie. I really like Brownies! She then attempted to go...with no result.
When the went to lay back down, Chris asked, "which did you like better, the brownie or the Ice Cream?", Sofia said, "The Brownie...and...the Ice Cream". She Drifted off to sleep saying, “Brownies…Ice Cream”
No comments:
Post a Comment